Search This Blog

Friday, September 19, 2014

ABC Scriptures: GOD IS...


D - GOD is DADDY.

By the Spirit's power we call God "Abba."  "Abba" means daddy or father. 
~ Romans 8:15

Father.. O' Father.. Our relationship with God moves to a level of intimacy. No longer is he just God, He is Abba. He is Father. He is Poppa. He is Daddy. So when you go to him with your need, your burden, your request. Go to him and make your request personal. 

Poppa, I need help!  ..  Father, Please help me!  .. Daddy I need you!

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.                                                                      ~Philipians 4:6 nlt

This scripture is a perfect reminder for taking everything to ABBA in prayer.  His word says, Do Not Worry, but instead PRAY about everything. Tell your heavenly father what you need.

Instead of reading this scripture as just the word of God. Make it personal. Don't just read His word. Place you and your circumstance in the middle of scripture.

I won’t worry about anything; instead, I will pray about everything and tell my Father what I need, and I will thank him for all he has done.
Here you are now getting personal with your heavenly father and you are putting you and your circumstance in the middle of his word.

A child learning to ride his bike hits a rock causing him to lose control and fall off of his bike. He cries out and his father comes running to his side. As an adult, we are bound to stumble through out our life. Remember that as a child of God, we are going to face many trials and storms. Some of these storms might not be so bad, but others will be so difficult that we will be so tired, so weak that it will be more difficult to get back up. It is in these times that we need to look to our father above to help us through the storm and remember that he already overcame every problem, every trial, every disease, every financial circumstance and every battle that the enemy would use against us.  

Today when you take your need to poppa, make your requests personal.


Faith scripture encourager: Romans 5:3-5 nlt -

 I can rejoice, too, when I run into problems and trials, for I know that they help me develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens my confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead me to disappointment. For I know how dearly God loves me, because He has given me the Holy Spirit to fill my heart with his love.”
~ Romans 5:3-5

No comments: