Search This Blog

Monday, October 6, 2014

Faith Encourager

I will get back to the ABC Scripture Encourage Posts shortly. I took short time off to visit with family and catch up on a few things.

Something I wanted to share with you tonight, I am bound to believe, we must have had an angel amidst us at some point over the last day or two. I will try to keep it simple and to the point.

Have you ever gone through a trial or more then one trials around the same time and your constantly being bombarded with scripture, faith encourager's, preachers on TV preaching a good word that smacks you in the face and literally knocks you off your feet and you know without a doubt that one was directly at you?


<<< -------------------------------------------------------------- >>>

Welp you see my arrows up above pointing at the sides of this blog, but they are coming directly back at me... I recall long ago watching my great grammy out hanging her clothes on the line and knowing all the pain and struggles she has gone through just in my lifetime. There standing on the back deck I remember looking up to the sky and saying, "If there is a God like grammy says, may he make me as strong as he made gram and even stronger."   EAT CH'YA WORDS!!

Lordy! If I knew what them words from that simple-small-little request, from the mouth of a child would of done for me years down the road leading me in to today! Sigh... I probably would of kept my mouth shut! Haha! Here I am in my adult life, raising my family and truth be told, here we roll in the umpteenth thousand faith storm. Might I add, one right after the other. Sometimes I wish I could kick myself... Be careful what ya ask for!

Okay, long story short I am now in one of several faith storms where I actually can feel myself being drug across the ground, nails scraping the concrete bleeding and blistering while stretching towards the hem of his garment. Sorta reminds me of this scripture:

20 Just then a woman who had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding came up behind him. She touched the fringe of his robe, 21 for she thought, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.”22 Jesus turned around, and when he saw her he said, “Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well.” And the woman was healed at that moment.  ~ Matthew 9:20-22.


I know this battle is more serious then anyone I have face before. Every time I turn around I find scriptures randomly popping up in my feed on facebook. Popping up on my phone from the Bible app. Emailed to me in faith devotionals. You name it, I am finding it. Same thing goes for my husband and my oldest daughter. I know with out a shadow of a doubt that my father above is looking out for me, my family and encouraging us to hold on tight to him, telling us we are almost through the storm.


The Bible says, all we have to have is FAITH the size of a mustard seed. Do you see the size of them three little mustard seeds? That is not a whole lot of faith at all. Yet the Bible says we can move a mountain with this much faith. Praise the Lord, I would drowned if I had to have any more then this. :)  Again with out going in to details on these storms, because right now they are just mine and his and making this a simple post I can say this.

DO NOT EVER GIVE UP YOUR FAITH!  EVER!

Yesterday I woke up and came downstairs to find these interesting pieces of paper laying on my counter. They are not big and they are brief and to the point. I asked my husband had he seen them before and he was as shocked as I was at seeing them. Asked my oldest the same thing and she gave me this look like I was nuts. Well I knew my three little ones would have no clue so I paused and continued to look at them. I begin noticing that each one of these little papers had an aroma on them. The smell of lavender.  Lavender!? Where on earth would that smell come from, I have no clue because I have nothing that smells of lavender in this house.

Here is what each paper said:

First:

  • BELIEVE
On a separate piece of paper behind the above word was a scripture:

  • For NOTHING is Impossible with God.   ~ Luke 1:37

Second:

  • FAITH

Third:

  • TRUST

Finally:
  • LOVE

One separate pieces of paper were the following scriptures:

  • And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.       ~ Philippians 4:19
  • I look up to the mountains     does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers of sleeps. The Lord himself watches over you!      ~ Psalm 121:1-5

What is the biggest thing I gather from all of this?

GET ON YOUR KNEES and PRAY! 
 HAVE FAITH! TRUST HIM!

Where in the world did they come from? I have no idea. None of us can produce a train of thought and where in the world did the Lavender appear from? Still have no idea. All I can say is that I know with out a doubt that daddy is sending all the encouragement our way and helping our faith to grow more in him.

So tonight as I share this post with you in hopes to help you through your storm and to remind you that no matter where you are, what you are going through. Our Father is still in the Throne and He is watching after you. Be BOLD, Be STRONG, For the Lord our God is with us. Be COURAGEOUS and TRUST in HIM that he will supply all our needs.  I may not know where these mystery papers came from but I truly believe that our family had an angel amidst us to bring us encouragement as we go through all of these faith storms.

God Bless you tonight and surround you with his love and peace.


















No comments: