Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Daily Encourager Day 43 - B90 Challenge

In this encourager today: Day 43 B90 Challenge

Sing to the LORD a new song... The Lord Reigns... Praise Him all ye people... Let the earth rejoice for He has risen... Give Thanks to the Lord and call on His name... Sing to Him all ye people!
Whoooo! Praise the Name of Jesus Christ!

The book of Psalm is really encouraging when we are struggling or just need to be reminded that our Father is still on HIS throne. That would explain why my spirit has been so thankful lately.

I have been rejoicing in His name. This song is stuck in my head and has been all week. I even have my Abs singing along with me. She loves to sing.
***********************************************************
[Ill Fly Away]
Some bright morning when this life is over, I'll fly away, To that home on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away
I'll fly away oh glory, I'll fly away (in the morning), When I die hallelujah by and by - I'll fly away
When the shadows of this life have gone, I'll fly away, Like a bird from these prison walls I'll fly, I'll fly away
Oh how glad and happy when we meet, I'll fly away, No more cold iron shackles on my feet, I'll fly away
Just a few more weary days and then, I'll fly away, To a land where joys will never end, I'll fly away
***********************************************************
How true, someday we will fly away with Jesus. Amen! I am so excited for that day to see my Saviour face to face. How I love Jesus.
We have a lot to be thankful for today so much that sometimes we may overlook the things He has done for us, the things He has given to us. So as we continue on reading in psalm, I encourage each of us to give back to the Lord in our own special way. God gives so much to us, there should be days that we give back to Him. I dont mean just in our finances either. I mean spiritually give back to our father. You know just our sacrifice to make time with Him is giving back to Him. Singing to Him your praise! Worship Him, just love on Him. That is giving back to Him! No matter what you bring to Him that is special - special from you, bring it to the Father today.

An Example [Nothing paritcular, JUST SOMETHING SPECIAL FROM YOU!] O I love to sing to Him, I honestly feel like I am nothing if I can not sing to Him- and I know I am something special to Him.
My special gift to Him has always been to sing to Him, my praise, my song, a song.I have other special gifts I bring Him, But to sing to my Father, Now that is something special and something special happens when I bring Him a song.
He has blessed me with a voice to sing, O when I sing to Him I can not even begin to share with you the precious things that happen. That is one of several special gifts I bring to Him [alot], a song}

Search yourself, If you think you have no special gift, I assure you- Ask Him, He will show you that special gift that He enjoys you sharing with Him. You will be suprised at How excited He is to have a special gift from you.

An Encouraging TRUE Story
**********************************************************
Abby, my soon to be 5 year old. She was 3 when she asked the Lord daily for snow at Christmas a few Christmas back. Every night she would say a special prayer for Jesus and ask if He would bring her snow. I mean a good snow, not just a dusted cover. Which Indiana really had not had a good snow for a long long time, talking years. She was very polite and very serious about her request. She loves to pray, She loves to sing, She loves to dance. O she loves to dance. That normally would be her gift to Jesus.
But this one Christmas she changed up her gift. Boy, was that a special gift that day. It was around Thanksgiving, she asked could we bring a gift to Jesus for Thanksgiving dinner. I said a gift, O that sounds great, what would you like to bring Jesus? She said, "A Birthday Cake!" In that moment I sat quiet with alot of thoughts running through my head. [not all of our family is saved - what would they think? How do you tell a 3 year old it might not be a good idea!]
I quickly rebuked those thoughts and said, "Yes, That sounds like a great Idea!" I asked her what kind of cake, was there a special decoration she wanted on this cake and she had the specifics I tell you. So I made the cake she requested, Iced the cake for her and let her place the decorations on the cake how she wanted them. It was a very neatly decorated with much creativity cake. Beautiful I am certain it was a treat for Christ.
Thanksgiving came we took the birthday cake and when we finished our dinner we sang happy birthday to Jesus and even had a med size white candle, I let her blow out after the wish. I didnt worry much about others or their thoughts, I knew that Jesus was at His birthday and He enjoyed that cake more then any of us could of. It was a great yummy cake, but the cake was more special to Christ because it was for Him.

To this day, she is always singing or dancing to and for Jesus. She remembers her cake she gave to Jesus and need less to say, SHE got her prayer answered. Indiana got dumped on that year, the best snow storm we had had in years. Bless God, she was so excited that day to wake up and see Jesus brought her snow. There were Thank Yous all day and all week long.
***********************************************************
From the mouths of babes, we will learn...

So today as we continue on reading in Psalm. I encourage each of us to in some special way, Give something back to God for all He has given to us. We have so much to be thankful for, I am sure He would love to Hear about it from us.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

We will be reading the following chapters today.

[ Psalm 95 - Psalm 114 ]

No comments: